Adeb › Become a member
Are you a publisher?
Have you ever wondered and questioned yourself on a legislative point, or a question on current affairs concerning your profession?
Are you sometimes confused about all of your obligations regarding publishing contracts, and their compliance to the Law on Copyright and Related Rights of June 30, 1994 ?
And have you ever wanted to meet other publishers working in the same fields as you, in paper and digital formats, to exchange and debate ideas, experiences and problems, in a warm and welcoming atmosphere?
If the response to these three questions was ‘yes’, then join ADEB !
The Association of Belgian Publishers (ADEB) can help you with practical advice and our experience, to resolve any issues you may face.
Becoming a member of ADEB allows you to benefit from many advantages, such as :
- A specialised team, ready to listen to you and reply to your questions, from Monday-Friday, 9h – 17h30.
- A bimonthly newsletter covering news in the world of publishing, key documents regarding the industry, an agenda of events and unmissable opportunities.
- Keep informed of training with respect to the job of a publisher.
- Participate in the life of ADEB, exchange points of view and knowledge through our Sections and Commissions.
- Take part in prospective conferences on innovative themes.
- Benefit from all the advantages of our website adeb.be : access to a Member’s Area, a toolbox with useful links and great visibility on our list of publishers online. A ‘Jobs’ corner lets you insert your job offers, or find new collaborators (readers, translators, interns…).
- Thanks to our social networking (Facebook, Twitter), you are connected to the world of books in a wider sense.
- The Code of Practises of the profession, the result of a combined effort of publishers on the best practises regarding payment of authors, transfer of rights for translation…
- Templates of publishing contracts adapted to new uses of digital publishing, regularly updated. We provide contracts in French, and also in Dutch (the result of an agreement with the VUV), for publishers who wish to be present in the Flemish market.
- The chance to join a beneficial collective insurance policy with civil and professional responsibility.
By joining ADEB, you will benefit from these services and, with your professionalism and creativity in your publishing house, strengthen the representation of our sector.
Come and join us!
We’re waiting for you!
|For more information, feel free to contact us at:|
- Phone: +32 2 241 65 80
- Fax: +32 2 216 71 31
- E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org