Publishers & Distributors › Toolbox › Job offers
The fascinating world of academic books on the international stage – this is what awaits you in our publishing house specializing in the Humanities and Social Sciences. Our Publishing Group with locations in five different countries annually publishes 1, 800 new titles and has an active backlist of over 55,000 titles. For our office in Bruxelles we have a vacant position as
Publisher and Director of the legal entity of P.I.E Peter Lang SA in Bruxelles. Responsible for the strategic and day-to-day management of acquisition, production and publishing within the local program. Actively engage with key stakeholders in academic publishing to develop, drive and implement Peter Lang’s growth strategies. Develop and enhance a profitable local publishing program, which meets the markets needs and requirement. Develop new business models, product ideas and partnerships. Actively acquire new projects, enhance and develop existing and new editorial acquisition markets.
Direct and control the work and resources of a small team of three people. Prepare and implement strategic and financial plans and monitor progress to ensure the Company attains its mission and objectives as successfully as possible. Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the Company complies with all legal, safety and other statutory regulations.
· PhD in Social Sciences and Humanities or another University degree
· Proven record of success in senior level management in the industry
· At least five year’s senior level experience of management of people and resources
· A wide knowledge and understanding of the publishing industry
· An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent communication (both verbal and written) in English / French. Additional language skills are an asset.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills combined with excellent organizational skills
· Project management experience
What we offer:
A diverse, dynamic, and challenging job in an international publishing house.
Job location: Bruxelles, Belgium
Have we piqued your interest?
We look forward to receiving your complete application (cover letter, CV and two referees, marked “Personal” sent either to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
Peter Lang AG
International Academic Publishing Group
Mrs. Vanessa Weber
Telephone: ++41 (0)32 376 17 17