Press room › Memorandum
The Belgian Publishers Association (ADEB) has summarized the main demands of our sector in a "memorandum". The document was sent to politicians and the media just before the European and Belgian elections (May 25th, 2014).
The main themes of this memorandum are:
- Supporting the educational publishing industry by promoting the use of schoolbooks;
- Harmonization of VAT rates between 'paper' books and digital publications;
- To develop a policy over "Open Access" by consulting the relevant sectors;
- The respect of copyright and related rights, to be adapted to the digital era;
- The application of fair compensation for rights holders harmed in reprographics and digital teaching exception;
- Supporting export, including digital books.
Our memorandum is available here (in French) .