Coopération par l’Éducation et la Culture – CEC (Cooperation through Education and Culture) is a non-governmental organisation which actively supports development projects in the fields of culture, education and training in southern countries. But that’s not all – CEC is also a library specialised in African and Caribbean literature (looked after at the heart of l’Espace Césaire), educational animations, exhibitions, cultural activites…
To fight against stereotypes and change widely the way we look at countries of the South, CEC offers:
• A bookshop specialised in African and Caribbean literature.
• The animation of a network of cultural figures from the North and the South.
• Meetings-debates with authors and cultural figures.
• Educational exhibitions where artists question our imaginations and our perceptions of the Other.
• Educational workshops denouncing the impact of prejudices in our relations with the Other.